Complaints Procedure

We are committed to providing high-quality legal advice and client care.

Complaints Procedure

We are committed to providing high-quality legal advice and client care.  If however you are unhappy or concerned about any aspect of the service you receive or about the bill, please do let us know, and we will do our best to resolve the problem.  If you would like to make a formal complaint then please contact our Senior Partner, Christopher Cooke, on 0207 689 7000 or or by post to Rooks Rider Solicitors LLP, St Magnus House, 3 Lower Thames Street, London EC3R 6HD.  We have a written procedure that sets out how we handle complaints.  Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

We have eight weeks to consider your complaint.  If we have not resolved it within this time, you may complain to the Legal Ombudsman.  If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint, you can ask the Legal Ombudsman to consider the complaint.  The Legal Ombudsman’s contact details are:

Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint and within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or if outside of this period, within three years of when you should reasonably have been aware of it).  Generally, the Legal Ombudsman deals with complaints relating to acts or omissions that happened after 5 October 2010.

The Legal Ombudsman deals with complaints by consumers and very small businesses.  This means some clients may not have the right to complain to the Legal Ombudsman, e.g. charities or clubs with an annual income of more than £1m, trustees or trusts with asset value of more than £1m and most businesses (unless they are defined as micro-enterprises).  This does not prevent you from making a complaint directly to us about the service you have received or about the bill.

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about the behaviour of any solicitors at our firm.  You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.