Graduate Trainee Visa (Global Business Mobility)

Graduate Trainee Visa (Global Business Mobility)

This is for overseas workers who will be transferred to the UK by their employer for a work placement as part of a graduate course leading to a senior management or specialist role.

Main requirements

To qualify for a Graduate Trainee Visa, you must:

  • be an existing employee of an organisation that has been approved by the Home Office as a sponsor
  • have worked for your sponsor outside the UK for at least 3 months immediately before you apply
  • have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the work you will do in the UK
  • do a job that is on the list of eligible occupations
  • be paid at least £23,100 per year

You cannot apply to change (‘switch’) to a Graduate Trainee Visa from inside the UK.

Length and conditions of stay in the UK

You can stay in the UK with a Graduate Trainee Visa for whichever is shorter of:

  • the time given on your certificate of sponsorship plus 14 days
  • 12 months

You cannot extend your Visa, but you can apply for another Graduate Trainee Visa from outside the UK.

Indefinite Leave to Remain

This isa category does not lead to indefinite leave to remain.

Contact Us:

We have considerable experience in preparing Worker applications. If you would like to discuss matters further please contact Charles Green, Consultant Partner, at or by telephone to 07955112218

Consultant Partner - Immigration