High Potential Individual Visa

High Potential Individual Visa

The High Potential Individual visa allows graduates of leading global universities to come to the UK to work, or to seek work. Applicants do not need to be sponsored.

Main requirement

The main requirement is that the applicant must, in the five years immediately before the date of the application, have been awarded an overseas degree level academic qualification from an institution which appeared on the Global Universities List in respect of the date the degree was awarded.

The qualification level must be equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree or higher and confirmation from Ecctis must be provided.

Additional requirements

Additional requirements are that:

  • the applicant is aged 18 or over at the date of application;
  • meets the English language requirement at CEFR level B1;
  • has sufficient funds to support their stay in the UK;
  • has a valid TB certificate, if required.

Length and conditions of stay

The length of stay granted to successful applicants depends on the qualification relied on:

  • Phd or other doctoral level qualification – 3 years
  • All other degree qualifications – 2 years

During their stay in the UK, applicants can work for any employer, work as a director of a company or be self-employed. Applicants are able to change jobs without notifying the Home Office and can carry out voluntary work. They can also study.

Applicants cannot access public funds, work as a doctor or dentist in training or work as a professional sportsperson or sports coach.

This route does not lead to indefinite leave to remain in the UK, but applicants can switch into other routes such as Skilled Worker and Global Talent.

Family members

Qualifying family members can accompany the applicant to the UK.

Contact Us:

We have considerable experience in preparing the above applications. If you would like to discuss matters further please contact Charles Green, Consultant Partner, at cgreen@rooksrider.co.uk or by telephone to 07955112218

Consultant Partner - Immigration