Service Supplier Visa (Global Business Mobility)

Service Supplier Visa (Global Business Mobility)

This is for overseas workers who are contractual service suppliers employed by an overseas service provider, or self-employed independent professionals based overseas, who need to be in the UK to provide services covered by one of the UK’s international trade commitments.

Main requirements 

To be eligible for a Service Supplier Visa, you must:

  • be an employee of an overseas business, or a self-employed service provider based overseas
  • be providing a service to a UK business under a contract that is covered by a valid international trade agreement
  • be doing an eligible job – if your job is not eligible you may still qualify if you have relevant qualifications and experience
  • have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your UK sponsor with information about the work you will be doing in the UK
  • have worked for your employer for at least 12 months outside the UK, or have at least 12 months’ professional experience if you’re a self-employed service provider

Length and conditions of stay in the UK

How long you can stay in the UK depends on the type of trade agreement you are providing services under.

You can stay for whichever is the shorter of:

  • 6 months or 12 months – this depends on the trade agreement you’re providing services under
  • the time given on your certificate of sponsorship plus 14 days.

The maximum you can stay on a Service Supplier visa is 6 or 12 months depending on the type of trade agreement you are providing services under.

Indefinite Leave to Remain

This visa category does not lead to indefinite leave to remain.

Contact Us:

We have considerable experience in preparing Worker applications. If you would like to discuss matters further please contact Charles Green, Consultant Partner, at or by telephone to 07955112218

Consultant Partner - Immigration